W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Monday 6 December 2010

ColourCraze#1


This section of my Blog I have dedicated to my Endless love for Colour.
The Power that Colour has to revive anything old, turn the ugliest garment into the most Fashionable garment…I mean we really do owe it all to Colour!

Imagine a world without COLOUR….L

Well this section will consist of some of the Colour schemes I have in mind for when I actually design Clothes one day, just anything that may capture my eye when it comes to COLOUR and things that may also represent COLOUR in a very good way.

COLOUR SCHEME #1

This was a colour scheme I devised while walking down the road.
I know…weird right?
I thought about the colour of my bag which was this really nice sea green represented above and looked at the colour of my bangles which were this very soft crimson red. I then thought of colours that could be neutral colours for the reason that if I had placed the green and the red together it would have looked too harsh. I came up with the colours cream and grey which then completed the colour scheme and I thought looked very effective. I was real happy with this colour scheme and when I get up there will look back at this.



COLOUR SCHEME #2

I developed this colour scheme from an H&M scarf I looked at which was a mustard like colour. I straight away imagined a colour that would contrast with it but it had to be a harsh colour. I went with a dark purple. I loved it! I then thought what else I could add to this. I thought there always has to be a neutral colour in a colour scheme and grey fitted the trend perfectly. 
After that, I thought that there should be more to the colour scheme because it didn’t really look complete so I went for a nature kind of look on the other side of the scheme. All together I think this colour scheme could be used for an Autumn/Winter look because the colours look really warm together.

COLOUR SCHEME #3

This is a colour scheme that I thought of when I looked at an old dress in my wardrobe. It consisted of a pastel orange tone. I had always wanted to put orange and purple together so I went for a really opaque purple. I then thought of a neutral colour which happened to be grey again…just seems to work so well in every colour scheme J and then went for my supple green hue.

COLOUR SCHEME #4

This was the colour scheme I came up with when I looked at the Beautiful Snow!
It’s a LOVE/HATE relationship with me and snow, but I couldn’t be more thankful for this colour scheme I came up with. I chose a Blood-Red/ Burgundy almost colour as the first one.
When I saw this colour it made me think of France and women dressed looking ever so Posh with classy gloves in the winter and fur leather coats; let’s not forget the hats. Well just an idea that came to my mind. I thought that the red was enough for this colour scheme so I decided to be very simple with the other colours and went for cream and grey as the neutral colours and black as the last one. You can’t go wrong with Black.

COLOUR SCHEME #5

This is a colour scheme that I really like because it reminds me of Caramel J
I love anything BROWN so this scheme really tickles my fancy. I love the ginger orange that I chose contrasted with a nice mixture of cream and gold. I then picked brown as the last resort to make the scheme look full. I always think a colour scheme should have a bold colour in it.
I really like this one because it is simple and the colours blend very well.

COLOUR SCHEME #6

I absolutely love this colour scheme which just gives me a really warm VIBE! I really like the first two colours together which I picked out from the other colour schemes I had done beforehand. Grey just seems to be a winning contender every time; I think one reason this is, is because even though Black never goes out of Fashion I think sometimes it is better to find something to replace it with rather than always use Black. As much as Black goes with everything, trying other colours could help your colour schemes you may have in mind; it could change the whole mood you were going for. Black in this case fitted as the bold colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers