W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Monday 13 December 2010

Embellishment:Sequins#2



This enchanting dress, sequined all over, engulfs the body like a glistening silhouette. The Silver sequins, backed with Gold have been placed in a certain direction for an effect similar to a fish scale. The Sequins have been carefully aligned to emphasise certain elements of the bodice. It has two flared ties which curve around the sides to be fastened at the back.
It is full length and sleeveless.
The dress is made in blue tulle which then the Sequins were affixed to. It has a wide V-shaped front neck which is low and plunge back with wide straps.

What I really admire about this dress is how defined the Designer has made it. They have put the Sequins in a certain way to emphasise fundamentals, the colour is just perfect and I think very classy when it comes to Sequins. 
Sequins often associated with Glamour and Gold also being associated with Wealth was a very good combination.
 The V-Neck  adds a bit of femininity to the garment and the drapes to accentuate the rimming of the breast area.
 The length of the dress gives the impression of slight elegance.

Simply Glamorous.

Evening Dress, sequinned tulle
French or English, 1935/6. Given by the Dowager
Countess of Pembroke and Montgomery, CBE
T.343-1960

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers