W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Sunday 26 December 2010

Studwork#1


This is a jacket from the Katherine Hamnett Winter 1990 'Clean Up or Die' collection. 
Well, this is my first time looking at studwork. I thought to myself WOW, this is something you could do to those old garments that have more or less lost their spark!
Since the 1950, the black leather jacket had been adopted by the youth as a symbol of rebellion and defiance.
I like the rigid, hard effect that it gives to certain items-meaning this is perfect for leather jackets. It also reminds me of the Michael Jackson- Bad video as he used a lot of chain works-metal, silver items attached to his garment to in essence make him appear ‘Bad’. The connotations being that leather garments with silver chains, studs were meant to give you a very cold, solid look. 
Really nice, effective and SHARP!


Jacket, leather and metal studwork
Katherine Hamnett, English, winter 1990
Given by Katherine Hammnett
T.208-1990

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers