W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Sunday 26 December 2010

Embellishment:Sequins#3

Black sequins are highly attractive and elegant! Designed by Dior is this 1961 evening ensemble-short dress. The whole short dress is covered by a monochrome pattern created from thousands of overlapping sequins; they are thoroughly aligned in different directions to from a diamond trellis design. I like the glittery effect that the dress has and you can clearly see the rigid pattern through the sequins. The colour is fantastic because it reflects nicely; when hitting the light it would appear in many different shades of black, grey and silver.

Evening dress and jacket,
‘Maxim’s’ velvet, silk and sequins. Marc Bohan for
Christian Dior. French, Autumn-Winter 1961
Label: Christian Dior
Paris Automne-Hiver 1961 111396
T.130 & A-1974

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers