W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Thursday 16 December 2010

Embellishment: Feathers



This Beauty designed by Givenchy is a very dramatic evening gown made of midnight blue silk and black tulle. He had decided to use green-black cockerel feathers to cover the dress. Each feather has been attached by a quill. They start off small and then gradually get bigger and much more curved towards the end. The feathers appear to look glossy and slightly metallic. This makes the feathers look very intense.
Feathers have been used in many different cultures for centuries.
Givenchy used this knowledge and created a very classy couture gown. I love the contrast of the colours. It creates a very nice sheen effect.
Very creative and artistic piece.
Evening gown, silk tulle, feathers and beads
Hubert de Givenchy, French, Autumn-Winter 1960
Label: Givenchy Paris made in France
Worn and given by Mrs Loel Guinness
T.224-1974

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers