W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Embellishment:Bows#2


This dress is not exactly my cup of tea but nonetheless contains elements that I highly admire.
From the Spring/Summer 1959 Collection of Christian Dior comes the evening dress.
The garment consists of a combination of matt and shiny materials. The tulle is embroidered with a vast amount of tiny jet beads and a cycle of black satin bows. This garment reminds me somehow of a wedding cake. I think this article of clothing is extremely refined; I like the way the dress is being gathered by the bows. This also brings to awareness that just as buttons can be embellishment as well as purposeful, so can other types of embellishment.
Very shiny material which I think makes it just that tad bit mote couture and could pass as a fairytale dress!

Evening dress, silk tulle, jet with satin ribbon bows. Christian Dior
French, Spring/Summer 1959
Label: Christian Dior Paris Made In France no.94460
Worn and given by the Duchess of Windsor
T.125-1974

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers