W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Embellishment:Buttons#4

This is another dress designed by Bill Gibb. The reason why I was swept away by this dress was the very different types of buttons. The buttons are bees. Bill Gibb’s personal ‘signature’ motif was a bee and it appears on many outfits he designed in the form of embroidered and appliquéd details, belt clasps and buttons. In this case it was the buttons. These metal bees are fixed in black and yellow strips and white wings. I like how they stand out against the moss like green.
 I think it is Creative and I am also in awe of how the buttons have been sewn on in different ways.


Moss crepe evening
Dress with enamelled metal buttons
Bill Gibb. English, 1972. Label: Bill Gibb London
Given by Mrs Angela Dixon
T.172-1986



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers