W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Sunday 26 December 2010

Embellishment: Wedding Bells

 
This was worn for a wedding in 1909; created from silk chine seemed to have been remodelled from a late 19th century evening dress.
This design just amazed me that I just had to have it on my Blog!
The colours are so captivating and very vivid! It has a mixture of many different little specks of pastel colours in the pattern of floral bouquet and garlands in pinks, blues, greens and yellows; all based on a very fine taffeta.
This is a wedding juxtaposition as this is a dress that has been unpicked and re-made.
I really like the furnished lace created for the end of the sleeves and the very nice pattern the cords and tassels in the middle of the dress create. This then is further embellished with silk bobbles. The base of the dress is a cream silk. It seems quite heavy but it seems that as to hold it together, it would contain a lot of thick material.
I think this magnificent design is very attractive; a lot of skill and effort has gone into it. Absolutely Beautiful Design; just shows how detail could actually be the best thing about a dress.

Wedding gown, chine
Silk taffeta, revival lace and tassels. English 1909
Worn by Mrs P Adams at her wedding in 1909
Given by the friends of the late Pearl Adams
T.52-1957

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers