W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Embellishment:Buttons#3


Inspired by traditional Japanese attire, Lanvin has created a satin vening jacket fastended with a spherical, ridged brass button. The jacket wraps over asymetrically and functions with another second brass button at the wasitline. The Designers has used machine topstitching to cover the entire garment. The embedded lines on the garment makes it appear wider in size but nonetheless adds a very crucial effect as without the lines the garment would not look as appealing as well as quite sombre. The colour was a perfect choice; bright gold colour which is often associated with wealth and gives off the idea of elegance.
I believe the buttons were carefully selected to echo the garments lines of topstitching.
Overall, I really like the satin material used; very shiny and like the Far Eastern look. The button seems rather vintage and somehow takes effect as a juxtaposition. He has used very nice and soft satin material contrasted with a very hard nut-like button.  I really like how inventive Lanvin was because he could have made a normal jacket but instead created a stylish yet warm jacket.
Really Beautiful creation.

Evening jacket, machine stitched satin
Jeanne Lanvin, French, Winter 1936-37
Label: Hiver 1936-1937 Jeanne Lanvin Paris, France, 15 7 Worn and given by Mrs John Guinness
T.223-1976

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers