W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Embellishment



I am so in love with this design! This was an evening outfit designed by Bill Gibbs. It was made from furnishing fabrics in silk brocade, in pastel shades of pink and blue.
Gibbs has used seven pink fabrics covered buttons to accentuate the measurement lengthwise of the sleeves. I observe that he has also used a vast amount of fabric, which still manages to come out nicely. This makes a very nice effect on the garment for the reason that it has a selection however is still very wearable. The patterns appear to give off a very Vintage look with the various different patterns used.
The design was worn by Twiggy the model in 1970.
Very imaginative as well as creative. Beautiful Design.

Evening outfit, jacket and skirt, silk furnishing fabrics
Bill Gibb. English, 1970. Label: None
Given, and worn by Twiggy at the Daily MirroR Fashion
Celebrity Dinner, 22 October 1970
T.222 TO C-1974

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers