W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Embellishment:Bows#3



This is a mini dress designed by Christian Lacroix.
Apart from the really nice polka dot effect and the stripy effect, I become aware that the Designer has created only a half bow at the end of the dress. It is very pensive and diverse and if it makes you question why the Designer has done it then I think they have been successful.
He had chosen ultramodern colours given the garment a very circus-like effect because of his use of polka dots and stripes at the same time.
‘Every one of my dresses possesses a detail that can be connected with something historic, something from past culture. We don’t invent anything.’
A very assorted type of Fashion, colours are bright and very futuristic.

Evening dress, silk satin with satin
Flounce and bow. Christian Lacroix. French, 1987-8
Label: Christian Lacroix Lux Paris
T.246-1989




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers