W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Embellishment:Chiffon & Lace




This is a design created by Chanel.
I simply admire the lace contrasted with Sequins. I think it is very sophisticated and glamorous and a rather unusual combination of materials. Nonetheless, this helped me to acknowledge how different material can act as a decorative detail. The ruffles give it an elegant look and the soft cream contrasting with black is an excellent combination as I think white and black would have been too harsh as well as plain. The neckline with the frills could suggest classiness as well as dignity.However, it could be debated on what kind of event you would wear this to. I would say a meal or something that requires a touch of elegance.

Ensemble, trousers, jacket, covered with black
sequins over silk chiffon and lace blouse with peal buttons
Chanel. French, 1937-8. Label: none
Worn and given by Mrs Diana Vreeland
T.88 & A-1974

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers