W H I T N E Y

My photo
What can I say? I <3 F A S H I O N.

Monday 13 December 2010

GuyFresh#2

Now this would have to be by far my Favourite look so far whilst analysing Menswear. 
 The colours, the materials and the complete Style just yelled appeal to me!
Well…I like to memorise each outfit that gives me an idea with a colour scheme:


Let’s go through each garment shall we:
The Hat:
 The ‘Grandpa Hats’, dating back as far as the 1930’s have recently had a bit of a revival for a short period of time. Not everybody’s cup of tea but definitely an option in the wardrobe depending if it looks good on you (which it clearly does on my model). J
I think the hat gives the look a bit of an historic edge which completely changes the impression that the outfit gives. If he was not wearing the hat, I don’t think the look would be as complete.

The Checked Shirt:
Oh the Renaissance of the Checked Shirt…
Originating from the Country trends, Plaids or Checked Shirts have been hugely popular in the last couple of years for both sexes.
 Normally worn by Male Lumberjacks and Farm owners, they have become a wardrobe staple for men and women; this I think could relate to my recent theory of the Gender Transition; clothes being more and more unisex.
Also taking into account the pattern colour that my Model has gone for which reminds me of a Blazer that I really really want but cannot find anywhere.
L

These Harem like Pant trousers are very in fashion at the moment and are also unisex.
Harem Pants gained popularity during the 1980’s. They come in all different shapes especially concerning the cuts at the bottom.


Wellingtons
Dating back as far as the early 19th century, Wellington boots have always been a wardrobe staple during the muddy seasons. The 1st Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley among the British aristocracy originally made them from leather but in 1852 was manufactured by the process of natural rubber.
Especially worn by farmers who wore wooden clogs in the fields was a great success.
In the last 10 years, Wellingtons have become increasingly fashionable and not only worn for muddy fields but used for other events.
Dry and Warm, yet still FASHIONABLE!



Really like this look; I like Fashion with a Historic edge to it and this look worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers